return to the homepage
Here you find informations about:
- Carabinieri (police) 112
- Public emergency call 113
- Fire alarm 115
- Medical emergency (ambulance) 118
- Forest Police 1515
- ACI Assistance
on the road 116
- Hospital - First Aid Volterra, Borgo S.Lazzero (0588 91701)
- Comunity of Volterra, Piazza dei Priori 1 (0588 86050)
- Comunity library, Via Don Minzoni (0588 85449)
- Etruscan Museum, Via Don Minzoni 11 (0588 86347)
- Public Arts Gallery, Via dei Sarti (0588 87580)
- Airport Information Pisa (Galileo Galilei) 050 500707
Return to the top
Return to the top
Restaurants (with closure day)
Our selection is not complete, there are many other restaurants and
pizzerias in the area.
- Saline di Volterra
All Restaurants at Saline are on the main
road that leads from Volterra to Cecina.
- Ristorante Il Vecchio Mulino
with hotel (Monday) 0588 44060
Specialtiy grilled meat, fish, truffles, homemade pasta and bread and particolar
wines. The chef Genuino speaks a little english. In the kitchen his wife Ivana.
- Ristorante Africa with hotel (Sunday)
Typical good Volterran cooking, homemade pasta, fish dishes. Eva and Lorella
speak some english.
- La Vecchia
Pizzeria (Monday) 0588 44333
You'll find not only pizza, but also tasty noodle dishes and many antipasti with
seafood. Antonietta is in the kitchen and Mauro makes the pizza.
At Volterra there are more than 20
restaurants, here we can give you only a small selection:
- Ristorante Etruria, Piazza dei Priori 6-8
(Thursday) 0588 86064
Nice place in 19th century stile, speciality: antipasti Etruria, truffels, wild
boar sweet-sour and others.
- Trattoria Pizzeria Il Poggio, Via Porta all'Arco 7 (Tuesday) 0588 85257
Here you find the excelent olive oil from Podere San Lorenzo, ask for it!
- Ristorante Da
Bad˛, Borgo S.Lazzero (Wednesday) 0588 86477
(open only at noon) Typical traditional Volterran kitchen, e.g. stewed rabbit
Volterra's way. Bad˛ has an own vegetable garden where he grows what you eat.
- Ristorante Pizzeria La Volpe Rossa, Via dei Leccetti 14 (Wednesday) 0588 85607
Special note: culinarian music events with meals of other periods (for instance
Etruscans, Renaissance ...)
- Outskirts of Volterra
Prato d'Era, Torrione S.Michele 67, Prato d'Era (Monday) 0588 42000
Pizzeria and beer garden, also vegetarian cooking, your host is Erika from
- Casino di Terra
- Ristorante Mocajo, S.S.68 (Wednesday) 0586 655018
Among many local specialties like wild boar with chocolate sauce, snails
Volterran way and homemade tripe you find a large selection of antipasti, enough to
compose a whole dinner of them.
- Locanda del Sole, Castello di Querceto (Monday) 0588 37407
Very typical cellar restaurant with good kitchen and an interesting wine cellar
in the pittoresque small village Castello di Querceto.
Volterra, loc. San Lazzero, S.S.68
- IP Volterra
loc. Mulino d'Era, S.P.439dir
Volterra loc. le Colombaie
Volterra, via Pisana
Volterra, S.S.68 (opposite to the COOP)
The special purchase:
- Handwoven textiles Anna Maria Molesini, Volterra, Via Gramsci 45 (0588 88411)
Here you cannot only buy beautiful handwoven textiles but you can also see how
they are made.
- Bookshop LoriÚn Anna Bolognesi, Volterra, Vicolo
delle Prigioni n.5, near to the main road in the center of the city (0588 84090)
Very good selection of books of every type, also in english. Quality toys in wood
and other nice things to enjoy.
How to reach us:
Ing. Volker Piasta
Agriturismo Podere San Lorenzo
56048 Volterra (PI)
Our home page
0039 0588 39080
0039 0588 39090
copyright by V.Piasta - Volterra - Italy
Last update: 29/04/1999